Michelle's independent resources for ESL Students at Vancouver Community College

This is a Canadian ESL blog for Intermediate and Advanced Students who want to learn and improve their English. Each PAGE above contains thousands of free English lessons, tutorials and practice exercises to help you learn and improve your English grammar, reading, listening, pronunciation, speaking, writing and editing. Some of the resources are Canadian. Others are from around the world.

The resources on this Canadian blog are all free, and I spend a lot of my time working on it, so please consider becoming a SUPPORTER. I appreciate all the support I get. It is the fuel that keeps me going.

Membership is FREE.

NOTE: To leave a comment, click on the word "comment" at the bottom of the page. A comment page will pop up.


Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I'm Back

Dear readers

I'm back from my holidays and will start posting in the next few days.
I have some interesting topics I want to cover including some unusual ones such as:
\
  • the benefits of living with a homestay family
  • Reasons why students don't achieve as much as they want
  • How to plan and set realistic goals,
  • How to improving your speaking skills
  • Reasons why music can help you improve your English speaking, listening, vocabulary, grammar etc.
  • Specific music and activities to help you do this
  • More sentence writing activities with guided vocabulary questions
  • The benefits of learning English by using thought groups or using "chunks" versus single words.
  • How to improve reading fluency
  • How to improve speaking fluency
  • Specific ways to improve your Grammar
  • Specific techniques to improve your writing
  • Specific techniques to improve your proofreading and editing
  • And much, much more
I will also be adding specific grammar, reading, writing, speaking, listening and music activities on the pages above. any of these will be activities I created myself. Please let me know if there is anything specific you want to practice or work on, and I will do my best to add some of these activities when I am not teaching, preparing or marking.

Please suggest any other topics you want me to cover, or ask any questions about problems you may be having in improving your English.

SPEAK UP FOLKS!

Write your comments, questions, concerns in the comment box below.
I will be only too happy to reply.


To post a comment, go to the bottom of the page. You will see a O comment word on the right hand side. It should be in purple. Click on the word comment,and a box will pop up. You can write your comments, questions or sugfgestions there. Yoiu can also indicate if you think this posting is funny, cool or interesting by putting a checkmark in one of the boxes.

Michelle



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you do not have a web site, or a Google account, click on Name/URL and simply leave your name. You do NOT need to be a member to leave a comment.