I seem to be having major problems with my home work page.
The entire page has disappeared and has been replaced with the MUSIC PAGE.
I am trying to find out what the problem is. In the meantime, I will post this weekend's homework on this main page.
If you were lucky, you managed to get the homework before I did something stupid and eliminated the whole page.
Here is your homework:
GENERAL HOMEWORK LIST :
Homework for the Weekend Sept.27th, 2012
Rewrite last week's composition ( cell phones, pets, parents). Make sure you follow my advice on how to improve your content and organization. Correct the errors in grammar and sentence structure. Read it OUT LOUD before you decide you are satisfied. You can type your correction as a word document and send it to me as an attachment at my email address.
GRAMMAR TEST: You have a Grammar Test on Monday Oct.1st
- on compound sentences ( both and, but, so + adverbial conjunctions however, therefore, otherwise etc.) . This will include sentence combining + sentence completion.
- sentence combining with adjectives, adverbs and prepositional phrases.
- subject-verb agreement
- Sentence Fragments and Run Ons ( easier, obvious ones)
For extra practice with Subject-Verb Agreement, Run-On Sentences, Fragments and Plurals, go to the EDITING and ERROR CORRECTION page.
Reading For Understanding 2 (RFU2 ) Continue at the card number you last finished, Make sure you follow the instructions and record your scores. In order to put yourself under pressure, spend a maximum of 10 minutes on each card.
The Skilled Reader
This is an on-line lab for a reading skills textbook and covers all major skills in reading. Do exercises on Main Ideas and context clues)
English Central: Try Something New for 30 Days
LISTENING : SONGS
- The Shoop Shoop Song ( Does he Love Me) by Cher ( from the movie Mermaids) This is a great song to practice linking. Write out the lyrics and try to link ends of words to beginnings of others. Remember to cross out the h in she. Then sing along as often as you can. If you are not sure what linking is, go to the PRONUNCIATION page.
- Every Breath You Take by the Police
- This is a great song to practice collocations ( note that there are many adjective clauses without the "that". After you have done the activities, singalong as often as you can.
- Go to the LISTENING PAGE . Scroll down to test listening practice. Do as many short conversations, longer conversations, and lecture practices as you have time for .
- Go to Randall's ESL-Lab and do all of the exercises in at least three or four conversation listening activities. Try different topics. Do not move on until you have a perfect score.
- Job Options ( Conversation and Quiz)
- Bad Jobs ( Conversation and Quiz)
- Cool Jobs ( conversation + quiz)
An interesting video about How Video Games Affect Behaviour from ESLVideo
Find more videos like this on EFL CLASSROOM 2.0