Do you want to have some fun writing, feel like a superstar and have a good laugh at the same time? Go to Wacky Web Tales and try it out. I promise that you'll have a good time, and will want to do several exercises after you have done the first.
This is a very easy program to play. Here's how it works. The Wacky Tales Program includes 50 or 60 different topics. After you choose a topic, and fill in a series of boxes with specific words, the computer program then creates a wacky ( funny) story using your words to support the title of the story.
- Choose a topic.
- Fill in the blanks with your own words. Be as crazy as possible.
- Click the button at the end and see what story the computer has created with your words.
- Read the story. Notice the beginning and how the story grabs your attention.
- Have fun and rewrite your first story in another crazy way, or rewrite it in a logical way.
- Try out several more.
- This is a good way to try out new vocabulary and see how it doesn't belong, or how it does belong depending on the story line you choose to tell.
Here is an example of what I got when chose the topic It's the Thought That Counts and used the words that are in bold in the resulting paragraph below.