Understanding some of the most common vocabulary will also help you enjoy the Christmas carols you listen to and sing along to during the holidays.
Here are a few vocabulary flashcards, quizzes, games and activities to help you learn and remember some of the important Chrismas words you should know.
This first item is actually a reading, but it is an interesting one that I hope you will enjoy.
- Mistletoe, the kiss of Christmas
"It's a vintage year for the legendary mistletoe berries...
In Britain’s mistletoe-growing regions, a branch would be brought inside at Christmas to protect the house. Any woman walking underneath
could not refuse to be kissed, or she would remain an old maid. After a kiss, she would pick a berry from the branch."
- Christmas vocabulary (learningchocolate.com)
Intermediate Christmas Reading Activities
- Christmas Shopping Intermediate Reading
- Christmas Shopping Fill in the Blanks (Cloze)
- Christmas by the Numbers from ESOL - Intermediate reading/scanning activity
- German Christmas Markets Reading
- German Christmas Market Vocabulary Quiz
- Giving to Charity at Christmas Intermediate Reading
More Difficult Vocabulary and Quizzes
Quizlet Christmas Vocabulary Flashcards and games
MORE TO COME
Come back tomorrow for more Christmas songs, vocabulary, videos, readings, games and other activities.
What are some of YOUR favourite Christmas songs that you would like to see here? Why do you like them?