Michelle's independent resources for ESL Students at Vancouver Community College

This is a Canadian ESL blog for Intermediate and Advanced Students who want to learn and improve their English. Each PAGE above contains thousands of free English lessons, tutorials and practice exercises to help you learn and improve your English grammar, reading, listening, pronunciation, speaking, writing and editing. Some of the resources are Canadian. Others are from around the world.

The resources on this Canadian blog are all free, and I spend a lot of my time working on it, so please consider becoming a SUPPORTER. I appreciate all the support I get. It is the fuel that keeps me going.

Membership is FREE.

NOTE: To leave a comment, click on the word "comment" at the bottom of the page. A comment page will pop up.


Friday, October 25, 2013

Seven ESL Activities with one Song

I have often said that I think using songs is a terrific way to improve many of your English skills. 

Sometimes, using one specific song can be used as an in-class activity that helps students practice all their English skills.  reading, listening, speaking, grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation and even writing. S: 

The following song includes SEVEN different activities you can do with a group or a partner to work on a variety of your English skills.  It's also a lovely song  to listen to and sing along with. . 

If you are a teacher, give it a try with your class. If you are an English learner, try it out on your own and then get together with a friend, a group of friends, your family members and do all of the activities.  Enjoy !  

2 comments:

  1. Dear Michelle!
    I am really impressed with the activities offered with one song only. I am really amazed with the LearnClick quiz creator you have been using, I've just bump into your fantastic blog through.
    From now and on I'll be your constant reader.
    Thanks a bunch for the great ideas we can learn from you.

    Stay warm and happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Nina,

      Thank you for your kind words. You have no idea how wonderful it feels to get positive feedback online rather than through email.

      Learn Click is a terrific quiz making program and is very reasonably priced $15 a year!!!. I love it because you can do any kind of test as well as work with audio and video files.
      I hope you continue enjoying the blog. It is a labour ( Canadian spelling) of love for me. Send any ideas or comments at any time. I'd love to hear from you.

      Michelle

      Delete

If you do not have a web site, or a Google account, click on Name/URL and simply leave your name. You do NOT need to be a member to leave a comment.