People all over the world enjoy sharing their love with each other at this special time.
But Christmas can also be a time of loss and heartbreak - a time when people remember a love lost and the wonderfu times they had.
Although these are not traditional Christmas carols, the following songs have no become classics because they show both the joy, the sadness and the yearning that Christmas and the holiday season brings to people in love.
Here are a few songs to keep you in the mood, whether you are happy or sad. Listen, play the game. Then sing along. There's lots of Christmas vocabulary here. Try some.
But first, let's try some some vocabulary review
All I Want for Christmas is You:
Justin Bieber, Mariah Carey
Before you watch:
1. When you stand under this, you have to kiss someone
2. Underneath means ________________
2. This is made out of snow and often has eyes, a nose and stick arms
3. We roast these type of nuts on the fire.
4. What do people put under the Christmas tree and open on Christmas
2. What kind of person is a "parson"? (clue) he can legally
marry you with someone
3. What does Santa ride in the sky with reindeer pulling?
Mistletoe by Justin Bieber
Before you listen to the song:
1. Justin Bieber uses the word "Imma" several times during the song. This is slang for
"I'm going to be"
2. Cheer is another word for joy.
3. What is this below?
4. If you spend time "chilling" with someone, you ___
5. shawti is slang for ______________________________'
6. When you "stare" at someone, you ______
Many of us are afraid to tell the people we love how we feel, so we hide our feelings. Sometimes it's worth being brave and taking a chance to open up about those feelings. Who knows what could happen. Listen to the following song to see what Kelly Clarkson has to sat about it.
Have you ever experienced a sad Christmas when everything reminded you of a former love? I'm sure you are not alone. As everyone knows even people whose heart is broken still get through it. The next song is about that. .