Although Dr. Seuss, a well-known children's writer, originally wrote the story for children, it has messages for young and old.
The story and the animated video ,now shown on television every year at Christmas time, continues to delight millions of of people whether they are watching it for the first time, or the 30th time.
Now that we have officially entered the Christmas season, this is a wonderful opportunity for you to watch an important piece of North American culture.
It doesn't matter if you live in Australia, Europe, Asia or the Middle East, you will still enjoy learning a little about a series of Christmas messages that apply to every culture or religion.
This is also a way you can get your children involved.
Read and go through the following power point on your own, or with your children
Power Point Explaining the Basic Story and characters of How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Watch the video as many times as you need to know and answer the comprehension questions below.
Learnclick" scrolling="auto" src="https://www.learnclick.com/mchoice/frame/2025" width="620">
How the Grinch Stole Christmas multiple choice questions PDF
How the Grinch Stole Christmas Answers PDF
Activity #2 : SONG
3. Sing-along . This is a great song to practice enunciating. Make sure you open your
mouth as wide as you can in order to let your tongue get to the right place. Sing as
slowly as the singer.
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
2. What role does Cindy Lou play in the story. What does she do to change the Grinch?
their things had been stolen?
4. Do you know anyone who is like the Grinch? What might some be some reasons
why that person acts that way?
7. What is the message of the story? Is there more than one message? Explain.
9. If you could give the Grinch one gift, what would it be?
11. The Grinch has a serious character flaw. He experiences a crisis and then changes for the better. Describe the Grinch's character flaw at the beginning of the story. What crisis changes him? How does he change?
Chinese New Year, Valentine's Day, Mother;s Day etc. and how they are celebrated.
How the Grinch Stole Christmas Writing and Discussion Questions Word Doc.
Original Complete Script for the animated version of The Grinch Who Stole Christmas
This is an easier version of the story written like a small play. It is perfect for students to use as a play in the classroom. The roles are broken down so that everyone can have one , two or even three parts.
- Assign roles to different students and have the practice in groups. ( If you have a large class, you could divide them into two or three groups)
- Start with having them read their lines normally, but fluently, without hesitating or stumbling.
- Go over the pronunciation of different words.
- Now, have the students put the maximum amount of expression in their voice. Practice as often as they need.
- Have them memorize their lines and be able to repeat them in the correct order.
- Perform the mini play in class