- Keep reading your novel: 30 minutes a day. I hope you are keeping track of new vocabulary.
- Read the hand out Scott' s Expedition to the South Pole.Answer all the questions.
- Read pages Pages xx abd in More English Reading Practice
- Go to the Reading For Understanding Site RFU 2 ( It is in the reading links), but I will
That means that there are ctually 300 practices. Start at the number I told you to and do at
least five exercises. Work as quickly as you can. Follow the instructions on the site
regarding yStudents who did not take the assessment test,our scores. Print out a
score sheet.I will give you a separate one in class on Tuesday. should simply start at #
# 30. If you make more than 2 mistakes, go to a lower number.
- Go to the Frankfurt Reading Exercises link ( also in the Reading links) and do Exercise 1 . Fill in the gap. This is good for prediction and vocabulary practice.
- Do the verb review handout on the present tenses. Also review past tense. Do verb exercises in your green grammar book that deal with present, present continuous, simple past, present perfect and present perfect continuous. You have an answer key.
- If you want more practice with verbs go to some of the websites in the links page that have verb tense practice.
- Do the exercises on compound sentences using both and, but, so conjunctions and, the adverbial conjunctions: however, therefore, in addition etc.
- Try to do the practices on Run On Sentences using the coordinators ( joining words) as ways to repair the problem.