From Anne of Green Gables to the zipper, hockey to the hydrofoil hydrofoil, it’s quite the list. Some things that are precious to Canadians may cause others to scratch their heads.
You may not have eaten poutine, for example, unless you’ve traveled to Montreal, while Timbits and double doubles may sound like gobbledygook outside our borders. Have a look
Before you read: How much do you know already?
Answer the questions BEFORE you read.
Read. Then read and check your answers in the online quiz Online interactive reading quiz 144 Things Canada Has Given the World
2. Rank your top ten inventions from Canada from 1 to ten. Be prepared to explain your
3. Which 5 things have actually made a real difference in people's lives?
4. What would life be like now, if we didn't have the "zipper," the light bulb, penicillin,
8. Choose the ONE modern convenience you could NOT live without: the cellphone, the
9. The Canadian beaver is an important symbol for Canada because it shows that we are
10. What colour best represents your country? Explain. What does it symbolize? Give