It's important to know some Christmas vocabulary if you want to understand some of the symbols and traditions of Christmas.
Understanding some of the most common vocabulary will also help you enjoy the Christmas carols you listen to and sing along to during the holidays.
Here are a few vocabulary flashcards, quizzes, games and activities to help you learn and remember some of the important Christmas words you should know.
This first item is actually a reading, but it is an interesting one that I hope you will enjoy.
- A Mixture of christmas vocabulary quiz
- Christmas Traditions quiz (40 questions
- Christmas Vocabulary with pictures
- Christmas crossword puzzle
- Christmas Tree Homophones
- Christmas dinner crossword puzzle
- Match and Listen
- Christmas Vocabulary in context quiz
- A Mixture of christmas vocabulary quizzes Christmas Traditions quiz (
- Christmas Verbs
- Christmas Adjectives English Page
- Christmas Conditionals
- It's a Passive Christmas
- Christmas Grammar Games
- Christmas Board Game (bogglesworld
- Santa's on line games
- Frosty's challenge
- Christmas Mahjong
- Christmas Activities
- Trivia Quiz It's a Wonderful Life
More Difficult Vocabulary and Quizzes
More vocabulary Quizzes:
- Christmas and New Year's Vocabulary Vocabulary ( BBC) A lot of Christmas vocabulary can be used with or without the word ‘Christmas’ in front of it. For example we can talk about ‘Christmas crackers’ or just ‘crackers’: lot of Christmas vocabulary can be used with or without the word ‘Christmas’ in front of it. For example we can talk about ‘Christmas crackers’ or just ‘crackers’: - with a QUIZ
- Christmas Crossword #1
"Click here to download a PDF version with solution, and here for an interactive web version which should work on smartphones and tablets. Have fun!"
- A Christmas Crossword - interactive or printable (englishblog.com)
- Christmas hangman - "Explore the picture and play the hangmangame..."
Created by Renée Maufroid. (Ac. Lille)
Matching - Flashcards (Java / non-Java) - Concentration - Word Search
- - with a list of terms used in these activities (with pictures)
- Activities created by: Renée Maufroid