Although Dr. Seuss, a well-known children's writer, originally wrote the story for children, it has messages for young and old.
The story and the animated video ,now shown on television every year at Christmas time, continues to delight millions of of people whether they are watching it for the first time, or the 30th time.
Now that we have officially entered the Christmas season, this is a wonderful opportunity for you to watch an important piece of North American culture.
It doesn't matter if you live in Australia, Europe, Asia or the Middle East, you will still enjoy learning a little about a series of Christmas messages that apply to every culture or religion.
This is also a way you can get your children involved.
Read and go through the following power point on your own, or with your children
Power Point Explaining the Basic Story and characters in the Grinch Who Stole Christmas
Watch the video as many times as you need to know and answer the comprehension questions below.
How the Grinch Stole Christmas www.pisothshow.com by Yous_Pisoth
3. Sing-along . This is a great song to practice enunciating. Make sure you open your
mouth as wide as you can in order to let your tongue get to the right place. Sing as
slowly as the singer.
Activity #3: Speaking and Writing Questions:
1. Dr. Seuss wrote How the Grinch Stole Christmas to [point out how the media and
marketing have created a holiday focused on spending money to buy things.
Discuss how has the media changed holidays such as Christmas, New Years, Chinese
New Year, Valentine's Day, Mother;s Day etc. and how they are celebrated.
2. What role does Cindy Lou play in the story. What does she do to change the Grinch?
3. The Grinch has a serious character flaw. He experiences a crisis and then changes for
the better. Describe the Grinch's character flaw at the beginning of the story. What crisis
changes him? How did he change?
4. What is the message of the story?
5. Would you write a different ending to the story? Explain why or why not. If yes, how
would you end it?
6. Do you know anyone who had some bad personality characteristics, but who became a
better person after something happened to him or her. This could be you, or anyone
you know. Tell what happened, and why this person changed.
Check back Tomorrow when I will include more activities you can do with the How the Grinch Stole Christmas Part 2 Story with friends, your classmates or your children.